In support of and addition to our STS Covenants, the City has their own codes, violations of which should be reported to the City. This list was published on the City of Tulsa web site a few years ago.

The following is a list of the top 10 Tulsa code violations. If you see any of these violations, you can call the Mayor's Action Center, 596-2100, or file a complaint online.

1.  Yard/Lot Maintenance Standards. Yard/Lot Maintenance standards are the responsibility of every property owner/resident and include the maintenance of plant material in any right-of-way abutting the property. Grass-type ground cover cannot be over 12 inches in height, except healthy trees, shrubs, or produce for human consumption grown in a tended and cultivated garden. Weeds, poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac must be removed. Vegetation and trees must be trimmed so as not to impair vision or obstruct the travel of motorists.
2.   Trash, junk and debris. Trash, junk and debris cannot be left in the yard and must be disposed of properly. This includes junk such as auto parts, appliances, furniture, building materials and tires; trash such as paper, cardboard, plastics, etc.; and debris such as tree trimmings and limbs. (NOTE: The City provides services to help you dispose of some items. Call 596-2100, for information about bulky waste pick-up and containers.)
3.   Inoperable motor vehicles. Inoperable motor vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed structure. A vehicle must appear to be operable and capable of being "legally" operated. Signs of inoperable vehicles are flat tires or missing parts. These vehicles cannot be used for storage or be stored in the yard, street or driveway.
4.   Parking. On residential lots parking is permitted only on a legal driveway or in a garage. A driveway or parking area must be made with approved all-weather surface material (asphalt or concrete) to meet city standards. In certain zoning situations, there are limits to the amount of yard area that can be used for a driveway or parking Check with INCOG at 584-7526 for more information about legally recognized parking areas. Note: Vehicles parked in the street must be operable and may not remain parked in the same space for an extended time. Violations should be reported to the Mayor's Action Center at 596-2100. Please note the closest address, the color, model, and tag number of vehicles when reporting a street parking violation. These violations are handled by the Tulsa Police Department. This is not a code violation.
5.   Outdoor storage. Outdoor storage is prohibited on residential property. Generally, equipment, materials, or furnishings that would ordinarily not be used outdoors may not be stored outdoors you may not keep indoor furniture, household appliances or auto parts outside. You may store building materials outside if they are neatly stacked. You may store firewood, grills, lawn furniture, hoses, tools, play equipment or a lawn-mower outside.
6.   Vacant, unsecured structures. The maintenance of a structure is the responsibility of the property owner. The property owner is responsible for maintaining secure windows, doors, or other openings that cannot be readily opened from the outside. An owner may need to board up a vacant structure if a break-in or fire occurs. These structures are a very real problem for neighborhoods. They become a target for vandals, criminal activities, and a general nuisance for adjacent properties and values. If the building has deteriorated to a condition that meets the criteria of health and safety risks for the public, it can be considered for demolition.
7.   Illegal business. Horne occupations and cottage industries have sprung up throughout neighborhoods across the country. Some occupations are permitted "by right" and others are permitted by special exception. Most businesses are not allowed to operate in residential areas. Examples of illegal businesses would include auto repair and on-going sales. For more information you can refer to Title 42; Section 402 8.6.a or call INCOG at 584-7526
8.   Commercial equipment/recreational vehicles. Commercial equipment and commercial vehicles may not be parked in a residential area unless they are within a fully enclosed structure. It is illegal to park any vehicle not customary to residential use (such as box vans, dump trucks, semi-trailers, etc.). Recreational vehicles have specific conditions for parking in residential neighborhoods. Please contact the Code Enforcement office or see Title 42; Section 402; 7. to review these requirements
9.   Illegal fencing/screening/walls. Fencing in a front yard may not exceed 4 feet in height and side and backyard fencing may not exceed 8 feet. INCOG staff can discuss the allowed heights for fencing. The City of Tulsa requires a building permit to build retaining walls. Screening fences are required between residential and commercial/industrial areas in some cases. For more information you can contact INCOG at 584-7526.
10.  Dead trees. Trees damaged or dead to the extent that a limb, tree or part could fall and pose a hazard to the public are a violation of the codes.